Welcome to the Wanderer's Photographs
The Wanderer's Photos on Smugmug is a contemporary photographic website which features the latest events on the Irish Railway networks with occasional forays to Northern Ireland, the U.K. and beyond.
The website was created in August 2006 on fotopic.net. Fotopic.net closed in March 2011 and a new hosting website had to be found. Smugmug.com met my requirements and the website was rebuilt over a six month period with 10,000 photographs uploaded to the new website.
Over the last eight years, The Wanderer's Photographs has developed an extensive collection of over 20,000 photographs from 2005 to the present day chronicling the demise of widespread locomotive hauled Intercity Services & the introduction of the trains that replaced them, the "Intercity Railcars", railway & tramway openings to railway closures.
If you wish to get in touch, you can contact me via email or social media using the links below:
Thank you for visiting The Wanderer's Photographs.
All images © 2005-2014 The Wanderer, unless otherwise indicated.
Unauthorised use prohibited.
Latest Gallery updates and News
* October 2014 Galleryupdated 31st October.
* Model Railway Society of Ireland Exhibition created 26th October.
* Underground Gothic Train created 26th October.
* Merchandising now available for purchase.
* Check out the Popular Photos page.
* Check out the Events Page for the latest RPSI Specials and Iarnrod Eireann service alterations.
Slideshow of the Week
Images of Dublin's Light Rail system LUAS. The system opened in 2004 and comprises 22.7 miles over two lines. It carried 30.5 million passengers in 2013.